It's time to get those Chromebooks in the hands of students! We've been diligently collecting Responsible Use Procedure (RUP) forms through the Infosnap system and through paper copies. All students who have turned in the form in some way by advisory on Wednesday, August 27 will receive a Golden Ticket to pick up their Chromebooks.
Here are some things to remember:
- Students will have an assigned time slot on their Golden Ticket to go down to Think Tank 144
- Students must have their case from last year with them to receive the new Chromebook
- If students are new to Richland 2 district, they will be issued a new case when they receive their Chromebook.
- If a student has lost his or her case, we will issue a new one and charge $30 to his or her school account.
Westwood has received all new Chromebooks this year, the Lenovo Thinkpad 11e. They are beautiful! (And sturdy). Students will need to unpack their Chromebooks at school and log in before they will work at home.
- If you aren't sure whether you've submitted a signed RUP form, you can always print this one and send it in. Duplicates never hurt.
- If you would like to use your personal device instead of a Chromebook, you will need to print and sign the Personal Device form. Please note that your personal device will not work until we've installed a certificate on your device and made some setting changes that allow it to work on our system.
- If you would like to opt out of the Take-Home program and work on a daily checkout system, please submit a written request to Laura Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org or send in a written request. These must be approved by the principal.
Students who turn in the RUP after Wednesday's advisory will be given a blue ticket and will pick up their Chromebook's next Wednesday, September 3.